Why Choose Marble Flooring?
At Stone Concepts, we offer a comprehensive, start-to-finish service. That means we take care of everything from sourcing the best stone to carrying out the installation and providing aftercare and maintenance. In this edition of our blog, we're going to focus on why marble is such a good option for flooring in your home.
- Opulent Aesthetics. Marble is a beautiful material that adds a sense of sophistication and grandeur to any space it is used in. The word 'marble' derives from the Greek for 'shining stone', an apt name as marble has a low index of refraction; light penetrates deeply into the stone before it is reflected, giving marble its characteristic lustre. Stone Concepts offer an extensive yet eclectic selection of colours in our marble range and each piece is absolutely unique.
- Strength and Durability. Marble is an inherently strong material that can easily withstand significant external pressure. Whatever you choose to furnish your rooms with, marble flooring can handle the weight without any damage or weakening. The material is also strongly resistant to scratching and chipping.
- Timeless Quality. Marble has been used for centuries for many purposes from construction to sculpture. Michelangelo's 'David' statue, arguably his most famous sculpture, is made from marble, as is the Taj Mahal in India. Both of these structures look as good today as they did when they were originally made.
- Easy Maintenance. Taking care of a marble floor is easy. All it needs is regular sweeping to keep it free of surface dust and mopping using a pH-neutral cleaner. This will keep the floor looking shiny and new.
- Continuously Cool. Unlike other common flooring materials like wood or concrete, Marble does not hold heat. This makes it especially suitable for use in areas subject to high temperatures like kitchens and bathrooms.
- Hypoallergenic Properties. Marble is a dense material that exhibits low porosity. Together, these properties make marble hypoallergenic, the perfect alternative to a carpeted floor which collects allergens.
- Improved Property Value. Installing marble flooring dramatically increases the financial value of your home. If you sell your home in the future, the marble flooring will be a big asset.
We invite you to browse the Stone Concepts website to discover the many different types and colours of marble we supply. Then, to discuss your unique requirements, please get in touch with a member of our dedicated customer service team.